Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the US air force, above staff sergeant and below master sergeant.
- ‘So, we have programs that are being run by technical sergeants that are frequently administered at a main operating base by senior master sergeants.’
- ‘Along with an Army major, an Air force technical sergeant and several Department of the Army civilians, Jones unloaded the SUV and they put the soldier in the back.’
- ‘At this time, he was promoted to major and I to technical sergeant.’
- ‘After 14 years, Mark, then a technical sergeant, decided to become an officer.’
- ‘So in 1979-as a technical sergeant - she applied for the Airman's Education and Commissioning Program.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.