One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ending of a fight by the referee on the grounds of a contestant's inability to continue, the opponent being declared the winner.
- ‘He scored a technical knockout early in the first round.’
- ‘However, the return might take a little longer as South African boxing rules insist a fighter be suspended for two months after a technical knockout defeat.’
- ‘He scored a brilliant third-round technical knockout in a battle which saw both fighters staggering across the ring.’
- ‘Ali was not at his best, but won with an 11 th-round technical knockout.’
- ‘It was the first time in his career that he had been beaten by a technical knockout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.