Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A foul which does not involve contact between opponents.
- ‘All coaches, players, and parents will be allowed 3 unsportsmanlike technical fouls per basketball season.’
- ‘I earned my share of technical fouls and, to this day, there are a few referees who still hold it against me.’
- ‘As it became apparent that the Warriors would cruise to victory, tempers flared once again, with three technical fouls handed out in the final ten minutes.’
- ‘Failure to respect the administrative facets of the game usually results in technical fouls.’
- ‘The game got testy in the fourth quarter, when seven technical fouls were called.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.