One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A designated area around a team's dugout, from where a coach or manager may give instructions to players on the field.
- ‘A fourth official would be better employed trackside with a TV monitor rather than jostling with coaches over toeing the line in the technical area.’
- ‘To Hendrie, pacing animatedly in the technical area, the goal was a shocker.’
- ‘Still, Falkirk manager McCall advanced a few steps in his technical area to jab a questioning finger at his defensive charges.’
- ‘Fergie was soon prowling the technical area, berating his players, the erratic linesman, the referee - anyone who came within hairdryer range.’
- ‘During the semi-final against Portugal, Fats spent much of the game standing outside his technical area in a strop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.