One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A financial analyst who identifies trends and makes predictions based on patterns in market data.‘he agrees with technical analysts who say there is little momentum behind the stock’
- ‘Technical analysts watch stock market charts and data to predict what stocks or indexes will do next.’
- ‘Many technical analysts believe that divergences are eventually resolved with a decline in prices.’
- ‘The technical analyst said: "The sell-off has been quite aggressively taking the market back down towards the recent lows."’
- ‘Technical analysts calculate support and resistance levels from prices where the stock rebounded in the past.’
- ‘They are technical analysts who try to give viewers a sense of where the market is going and what the prevailing trends are.’
- ‘Three basic indicators used by technical analysts are the moving average, support and resistance levels, and the relative strength indicator.’
- ‘Technical analysts warned that the FTSE 100 index could plunge by 1,000 points.’
- ‘It is important to be aware of the key price levels that technical analysts are targeting.’
- ‘Technical analysts study historical price movements and look for recurring patterns to give a high degree of probability as to what will happen in the future.’
- ‘The top share index hit its highest closing level since December 1999 yesterday, with technical analysts betting the broader market could push on further still.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.