One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Full of tears; tearful.‘there were teary eyes all round’‘Bill said a teary goodbye’
- ‘He said something to her softly and she nodded, looking up to give him a teary smile.’
- ‘I saw her get a bit teary during his speech.’
- ‘She tilted her head back to smile at him through teary eyes.’
- ‘Just thinking about the last scenes makes me teary.’
- ‘He looked down and started to get a little teary eyed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.