One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This ticket tearer could very well design a new type of car, or write a best-selling book, if they had the time.’
- ‘A relatively longer time has probably elapsed before the tearer managed to take hold of these fibres.’
- ‘Perforated unit pages would have made removal easier, but careful tearers should not have too much difficulty removing them from this paper-backed book.’
- ‘Customer service people should not be simply data entry technicians, and gate agents are not just ticket tearers, that is, unless they let the computers be the boss.’
- ‘‘Good evening, enjoy your movie,’ the ticket tearer said robotically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.