One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feel extreme desperation.‘dealers are tearing their hair out trying to match customers with cars’
- ‘Security shuts the palace down and our producer is tearing his hair out, desperate to test the rocket the Queen is to launch at the start of the fireworks display.’
- ‘That's why we're all tearing our hair out over wrong bills.’
- ‘Some of the goals will have you tearing your hair out, but therein lies the beauty of the game.’
- ‘Do you ever find yourselves tearing your hair out in the studio?’
- ‘As Alex falls to his knees, tearing his hair out in distress, the questions still remain.’
- ‘If you were the CEO of a big business - say, a movie studio, music company, or multinational bank - you'd have been tearing your hair out at this scene.’
- ‘It's enough to make any sane person tear their hair out in desperation.’
- ‘Even if that does not quieten the little gannets, it may make you feel less like tearing your hair out during the 78 shopping days we have left.’
- ‘Does this right-side-of-the-brain living, which really isn't the thing you love, have you tearing your hair out?’
- ‘If you are tearing your hair out over the excess expenditure, then fear not, for there is some great news for new couples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.