One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event in which horseback riders compete in pairs to rope the horns and legs of a steer in the fastest possible time.‘this kid from Pittsburgh became such a Texas cowboy that he even bought a horse for team roping’as modifier ‘he focused on rodeo timed events, winning eight calf-roping titles and a couple of team-roping championships’
- ‘For more than 50 years, the team-roping event has been one of Three Rivers' biggest annual events.’
- ‘An invitation came from our friend Cliff, who invited us to a team-roping competition.’
- ‘I don't show horses anymore, but I started team roping with some friends two years ago.’
- ‘A long-time competitor in team roping, Laye also won top wild-cow milking honors at the 1997 Stampede.’
- ‘We talked for the next hour as he gave me tips on shooting everything from English riding to team roping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.