One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event in which horseback riders compete in pairs to rope the horns and legs of a steer in the fastest possible time.‘this kid from Pittsburgh became such a Texas cowboy that he even bought a horse for team roping’as modifier ‘he focused on rodeo timed events, winning eight calf-roping titles and a couple of team-roping championships’
- ‘I don't show horses anymore, but I started team roping with some friends two years ago.’
- ‘For more than 50 years, the team-roping event has been one of Three Rivers' biggest annual events.’
- ‘A long-time competitor in team roping, Laye also won top wild-cow milking honors at the 1997 Stampede.’
- ‘We talked for the next hour as he gave me tips on shooting everything from English riding to team roping.’
- ‘An invitation came from our friend Cliff, who invited us to a team-roping competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.