Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of clergy of incumbent status who minister jointly to several parishes under the leadership of a rector or vicar.
- ‘Annabel was the youngest of the three children of the Rev Dr David Maurice, who is a curate with the Marlborough team ministry as well as a GP at the town's medical practice, and his wife Rachel.’
- ‘The ceremony of the first appointment in the newly-created team ministry was attended by the Mayor of Rossendale, Councillor June Forshaw.’
- ‘It is to be the Rev Sascha Pearce, currently a curate in the Tisbury team ministry, near Salisbury, and a former nurse.’
- ‘The Rev Dr David Maurice, who is a curate with the Marlborough team ministry and a GP in the town, spoke of his love and joy of Annabel at the service held at St Mary's Church.’
- ‘Prayer and active search were therefore concentrated on finding a man of some experience to serve as an Associate Minister, who could eventually succeed to the senior position in a team ministry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.