Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of clergy of incumbent status who minister jointly to several parishes under the leadership of a rector or vicar.
- ‘Annabel was the youngest of the three children of the Rev Dr David Maurice, who is a curate with the Marlborough team ministry as well as a GP at the town's medical practice, and his wife Rachel.’
- ‘The Rev Dr David Maurice, who is a curate with the Marlborough team ministry and a GP in the town, spoke of his love and joy of Annabel at the service held at St Mary's Church.’
- ‘Prayer and active search were therefore concentrated on finding a man of some experience to serve as an Associate Minister, who could eventually succeed to the senior position in a team ministry.’
- ‘It is to be the Rev Sascha Pearce, currently a curate in the Tisbury team ministry, near Salisbury, and a former nurse.’
- ‘The ceremony of the first appointment in the newly-created team ministry was attended by the Mayor of Rossendale, Councillor June Forshaw.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.