One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place serving tea and other refreshments.
- ‘The teahouse is a lovely place to escape to.’
- ‘The design of the teahouse is authentic, including the imported blue tile roof.’
- ‘There are many places there I would love to try, the oyster bar, the caviar bar, the tea house.’
- ‘The best place is on the top floor, where the teahouse is situated.’
- ‘The tea house is exquisite, on my list of 10 favorite buildings I have ever experienced.’
- ‘The tea house are typically very traditional Chinese building with Chinese decoration.’
- ‘The tea-house, which was situated in one of the rooms of the gallery, was a bit disorganised.’
- ‘A few enterprising residents have opened vegetable stands, tailor shops, carpentry mills and teahouses in tiny shacks.’
- ‘They moved to the port, supported themselves and her by keeping that exclusive teahouse for people who will never recognize her.’
- ‘He had undergone a kind of religious conversion to the people's cause after hearing a workman in a tea-house tell the grim story of his life.’
- ‘Travellers should not miss the experience of a morning in an Anchang tea house.’
- ‘He did not mention the Great Wall, the bounded lotus or lily feet of Chinese women and the tea houses in Yangzhou and Hangzhou.’
- ‘Suddenly there was no wait for a table at a popular teahouse.’
- ‘We should not presume that these are just stories created to pass spare time in tea houses.’
- ‘Visitors can also attend a traditional tea ceremony in the Japanese tea house.’
- ‘If anything can keep Huataoyao out of the ranks of second-rate tea houses touting dubious spiritual qualities, it is this.’
- ‘Any Japanese who can afford it has a special room set aside for use as a " teahouse ".’
- ‘But the whispered questions at teahouses in Rangoon and across Burma were always delivered the same way.’
- ‘By night, the cafes and tea houses are no strangers to drug-dealers and mafia from the Maghreb.’
- ‘Emerging from the teahouse, we discovered the storm had grown savage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.