One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place serving tea and other refreshments.
- ‘Travellers should not miss the experience of a morning in an Anchang tea house.’
- ‘The design of the teahouse is authentic, including the imported blue tile roof.’
- ‘The tea-house, which was situated in one of the rooms of the gallery, was a bit disorganised.’
- ‘But the whispered questions at teahouses in Rangoon and across Burma were always delivered the same way.’
- ‘Suddenly there was no wait for a table at a popular teahouse.’
- ‘Any Japanese who can afford it has a special room set aside for use as a " teahouse ".’
- ‘They moved to the port, supported themselves and her by keeping that exclusive teahouse for people who will never recognize her.’
- ‘A few enterprising residents have opened vegetable stands, tailor shops, carpentry mills and teahouses in tiny shacks.’
- ‘The tea house is exquisite, on my list of 10 favorite buildings I have ever experienced.’
- ‘The best place is on the top floor, where the teahouse is situated.’
- ‘The tea house are typically very traditional Chinese building with Chinese decoration.’
- ‘The teahouse is a lovely place to escape to.’
- ‘By night, the cafes and tea houses are no strangers to drug-dealers and mafia from the Maghreb.’
- ‘We should not presume that these are just stories created to pass spare time in tea houses.’
- ‘There are many places there I would love to try, the oyster bar, the caviar bar, the tea house.’
- ‘Visitors can also attend a traditional tea ceremony in the Japanese tea house.’
- ‘He had undergone a kind of religious conversion to the people's cause after hearing a workman in a tea-house tell the grim story of his life.’
- ‘Emerging from the teahouse, we discovered the storm had grown savage.’
- ‘If anything can keep Huataoyao out of the ranks of second-rate tea houses touting dubious spiritual qualities, it is this.’
- ‘He did not mention the Great Wall, the bounded lotus or lily feet of Chinese women and the tea houses in Yangzhou and Hangzhou.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.