One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tray from which tea is served.
- ‘‘Thank you Anna,’ Her father said as she sat down across from him and placed the tea tray on the ground.’
- ‘In her hands were balanced a silver tea tray, upon which were placed two medium-sized silver bottles, a crystal tumbler, and a small teaspoon.’
- ‘She would reappear in a few minutes with a tea tray filled with toasted breads, tea biscuits, and fresh homemade white butter.’
- ‘One fashionably dressed member of the team is threatening to steal a rattan tea tray that he is convinced is ‘back in fashion’.’
- ‘From the fresh milk on the tea tray to the gentle classical music playing softly in your room, every detail has been carefully considered.’
- ‘He slipped behind the bar to get a tea tray ready.’
- ‘‘That sounds like a great idea,’ said Granny putting down the tea tray.’
- ‘Jewel boxes, tea trays, corner stands and other curios are some of the attractive articles available here.’
- ‘A nurturer by nature, Olivia parked him in the most comfortable chair in the parlour and disappeared to the kitchen, reappearing several minutes later with a loaded tea tray in her hands.’
- ‘Paul led them into a sitting room, and asked one of his servants for a tea tray.’
- ‘About a quarter of an hour later, I found myself carrying a tea tray down one of the second-floor hallways.’
- ‘Gilbert nodded and Rebecca placed the tea tray onto the table.’
- ‘I tripped on the carpet and knocked over the little table where our tea tray had rested.’
- ‘Finally, she sat with the tea tray, and smiled at the two of them.’
- ‘Secondly, while the restaurant has a few guest rooms, the packet of digestives on the in-room tea tray was several months past its sell-by date.’
- ‘The butler reappeared instantly bearing a silver tea tray with a glass of ice and a pitcher of cold water, which he poured into the glass and offered to me.’
- ‘Mrs Noble emerged a few minutes later, carrying a tea tray.’
- ‘‘So, Leo’, Mum set the tea tray down on the tiny table.’
- ‘The women gather around the table on which the chessboard has been set up as two maids enter from the left with refreshments and a tea tray.’
- ‘Small cups and the tea tray were being used to help them learn the art of balance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.