One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of crockery for serving tea.
- ‘He even had a demonstration tea set to show how to align the handle and straw just so to suit his wife's weak arm.’
- ‘A Victorian tea set and pottery are among the items recovered from the secret site believed to be final resting place of the HMS Beagle.’
- ‘Already a number of items including a tea set, mugs and videos have been purchased.’
- ‘Some neat things, though; an antique tea set, a couple of board games, and so forth.’
- ‘There was a handcrafted tray, too, for the gift of a tea set to sit on.’
- ‘Another suggested that we each bring a cup and saucer to a birthday party to help make her child a new tea set.’
- ‘A tea set was placed upon the table along with some biscuits.’
- ‘He's sold others to private owners around the world, and it won second prize for the tea set in a National Crafts Council competition.’
- ‘Cole himself designed a tea set which he entered, using the pseudonym Felix Summerly, at an exhibition organised by the Society of Arts in 1845.’
- ‘Luckily the only thing that was trashed was the table where the tea set was on.’
- ‘However we didn't bring the tea set up [at the wedding] so we had sort of an improvised ceremony instead, just with the Chinese relatives.’
- ‘It is the excelsior from the tea set that Kenneth mails to Rhoda that she sets afire to murder Leroy.’
- ‘The table in front of her was covered with a pale lilac lace tablecloth and the silver tea set rested upon it.’
- ‘Yes, if you wanted a cuppa on a train in the old days it came with a mini tea set assembled, if I remember correctly, on a plywood tray.’
- ‘There was a great white and gold fireplace and even a little gilded coffee table with a silver tea set sitting quaintly in the centre of the room.’
- ‘She also brought a Shelley tea set which was passed down to her from her grandmother.’
- ‘Don't expect to find a fountain pen, a tea set, and a mate for life unless you want to be disappointed.’
- ‘Once upon a time, in order to serve a proper tea you had to have a complete tea set.’
- ‘He comes to the Lapham shop to request a silver basin for his tea set that Mr. Lapham had made years before.’
- ‘Almost comically, she began to see if her grandmothers tea set was still all there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.