One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proprietor or cultivator of a tea plantation.
- ‘Born in 1940 in India, where his father was a second-generation tea planter, he was sent ‘home’ to boarding school in England at the age of six.’
- ‘On 19 December of that year he married Iona Mhari Natalie Elliot, whose father has been a tea planter in Assam.’
- ‘On his first visit to the mountain in 1913 while in the Army, he disguised himself as an Indian tea planter and made his first abortive excursion into Tibet.’
- ‘Her husband, Siva Prasad Borooah, a leading tea planter, founded the Assamese weekly, Sadinya Baatori, in 1930.’
- ‘His father was an English tea planter born in South Africa; his mother, half British, half Danish, was born in India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.