A tea towel.
rag, dishcloth, floorcloth, wipe, sponge, dusterView synonyms
- ‘Among the silver tea sets, cake dishes, household linen, silver fruit spoons and photo frames, china and even an old Chippendale chair, were others such as ‘Mrs C. Taylor, Teneriffe tea cloth ’, ‘Mrs W. Lawson, jam jars ’.’
- ‘Place a clean, damp tea cloth on the bench and lay two sheets of pastry on top.’
- ‘The embroidered tea cloth is by Breda Craddock and a Collage picture project is by Mary Broderick, Margaret Galvin, Christine Irwin, Marie Kelly.’
- ‘When my mother forgot to pierce the tin and had to do it hissing and spitting (the tin, that is) under the protection of a tea cloth, my dinner ended up on the kitchen ceiling.’
- ‘She was staring out of the window, seemingly mesmerised by the rain, a dry tea cloth slung over her shoulder.’