One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is true that most taxonomists and conservationists work on shoestring budgets.’
- ‘Pinned specimens in museum cabinets were the taxonomist's arbiters for classification.’
- ‘Accordingly, it was this assertion of progress - the domestication of fire - that, in part, allowed taxonomists to distinguish between animal and human.’
- ‘Mitchell has the instinctive taxonomist's gift for the names and inter-relatedness of living things.’
- ‘Later taxonomists proved less welcoming, however, and the chimp was reclassified in 1816 into its own genus, Pan, where it has remained until this day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.