One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pinned specimens in museum cabinets were the taxonomist's arbiters for classification.’
- ‘Accordingly, it was this assertion of progress - the domestication of fire - that, in part, allowed taxonomists to distinguish between animal and human.’
- ‘Later taxonomists proved less welcoming, however, and the chimp was reclassified in 1816 into its own genus, Pan, where it has remained until this day.’
- ‘It is true that most taxonomists and conservationists work on shoestring budgets.’
- ‘Mitchell has the instinctive taxonomist's gift for the names and inter-relatedness of living things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.