One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A loss that can be offset against taxable profit earned elsewhere or in a different period.
- ‘At one time, owners of loss-making businesses could sell their companies along with their accumulated tax loss - often their only asset - to profitable companies.’
- ‘The best move now might be to sell your fund and take the tax loss on your 2005 taxes.’
- ‘The goal is to produce a tax loss with no corresponding financial risk.’
- ‘The different rates are not making good a tax loss that would otherwise have occurred…’
- ‘The Luse stock news also reports that BAT has declared a dividend of K7.74 per share in spite of the company recording an overall tax loss of K1,726 million.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.