One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circular label displayed on the windscreen of a motor vehicle, certifying payment of road tax.
- ‘Charges of using a fraudulent tax disc, fraudulent registration mark, no test certificate and no insurance on the same date were also included.’
- ‘The front number plate and the tax disc both contained the correct number.’
- ‘Basically, I bought a stolen tax disc and a stolen MoT certificate, put them in my vehicle, got stopped by the police and then produced them.’
- ‘And if you were caught without having a current tax disc decorating your windscreen, the Borough Council web site will enable you to make atonement for your sin to the tune of E60.’
- ‘After discovering he had been clamped for not displaying a tax disc, the motorist snatched a spade from his van, smashed its windscreen and rear windows and slashed the tyres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.