Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sum that can be offset against a tax liability.
- ‘The good news is that families with children on low incomes will get a significant boost to their child tax credit payments from next year.’
- ‘I put in for the tax credit last October, received one small payment and then had them suspended.’
- ‘With our household income reducing following tax code changes, the tax credit is vital.’
- ‘The child tax credit is subject to strict income limitations on both the upside and downside.’
- ‘Arizona offers a tax credit for donations to privately funded voucher programs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.