One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A code number representing the tax-free part of an employee's income, assigned by tax authorities for use by employers in calculating the tax to be deducted under the PAYE system.
- ‘Check with the Inland Revenue that your tax code is correct for your circumstances.’
- ‘All employees, and many pensioners, should have a tax code.’
- ‘Employers and pension providers are told how much tax to deduct by your tax code.’
- ‘I haven't received any notification from the Inland Revenue, other than to tell me that my tax code has been amended.’
- ‘Why can't the mother's tax threshold be transferred to the father's tax code at least until children are of school age?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.