One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tax concession or advantage allowed by government.‘tax breaks for industry to encourage investment’
reduction, cut, discount, deduction, decreaseView synonyms
- ‘So, if there's a tax break on interest payments, savvy companies should favor debt over equity.’
- ‘For all but the very wealthy, the tax break from dividends would be meager.’
- ‘If you do opt for a designated unit, be aware that a developer will invariably add a premium for the tax break.’
- ‘Congress, meanwhile, would modify tax law to give franchisers a tax break for the waived fees.’
- ‘Make sure you take advantage of the repatriation tax break just like the big boys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.