Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tax concession or advantage allowed by government.‘tax breaks for industry to encourage investment’
reduction, cut, discount, deduction, decreaseView synonyms
- ‘If you do opt for a designated unit, be aware that a developer will invariably add a premium for the tax break.’
- ‘For all but the very wealthy, the tax break from dividends would be meager.’
- ‘So, if there's a tax break on interest payments, savvy companies should favor debt over equity.’
- ‘Make sure you take advantage of the repatriation tax break just like the big boys.’
- ‘Congress, meanwhile, would modify tax law to give franchisers a tax break for the waived fees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.