One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For, whatever the Age's tawdriness and corruption, Hamlet shares that Age's unique magnificence, in considerable part a product of aesthetic greediness.’
- ‘Indeed, the Gilded Age involved far more than gilt, tawdriness, and corruption.’
- ‘To say nothing of the undocumented - and maybe undocumentable - tawdriness and sordidness that lay ahead.’
- ‘But I don't think tawdriness defines an interesting life.’
- ‘The sordid prostituting of the Playboy bunnies underscores the tawdriness of so many of the ‘entertainments’ devised for the troops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.