One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The camp provided the Germans tautological proof of the necessity of imprisoning Untermenschen: the disgusting state of the Haftlinge of Auschwitz demonstrated their inferiority and justified their murder.’
- ‘The answer given by the Councilors is tautological: they are the lawful authority because the law has defined them as such.’
- ‘What may seem tautological - happiness being happiness - epitomizes Traheme's use of perspectival language: to attempt to move from the subjective and to the objective.’
- ‘As I will argue, however, the text does present the possibility of a woman stealing what is already in her possession through its account of the tautological crime.’
- ‘Those who view the question as ultimately tautological, and therefore futile, have a strong case to make; but that is not the same thing as saying the question is without use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.