One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The idea is to create resistance between the hips and shoulders so there is a lot of tautness, like a stretched rubber band.’
- ‘What you miss is tautness, and the tingling sense of teetering on the precipice, which might have been achieved with some cuts and tighter editing.’
- ‘The structure of the stretcher, the tautness of the canvas and the transparency of the paint contribute to the total effect.’
- ‘Heavens, that seal consists of enough flourishes and curlicues to amaze the eye - yet that design also contains within it tremendous tautness and discipline, as a piece of design.’
- ‘Men have so often been associated with tautness and tightness, moving briskly in tubular clothes like robots coated in cloth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.