One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What you miss is tautness, and the tingling sense of teetering on the precipice, which might have been achieved with some cuts and tighter editing.’
- ‘The structure of the stretcher, the tautness of the canvas and the transparency of the paint contribute to the total effect.’
- ‘Men have so often been associated with tautness and tightness, moving briskly in tubular clothes like robots coated in cloth.’
- ‘Heavens, that seal consists of enough flourishes and curlicues to amaze the eye - yet that design also contains within it tremendous tautness and discipline, as a piece of design.’
- ‘The idea is to create resistance between the hips and shoulders so there is a lot of tautness, like a stretched rubber band.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.