One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neutrino of the type associated with the tau particle.
- ‘The leptons consist of the charged electron, muon and tau, together with three electronically neutral particles - the electron neutrino, muon neutrinos and tau neutrinos.’
- ‘Neutrinos theoretically exist in three ‘flavors’: electron neutrinos, muon neutrinos and the more recently discovered tau neutrinos.’
- ‘Over time, the quantum waves that accompany the different flavors get out of step, and an electron neutrino seems to morph into a muon neutrino or a tau neutrino and back again.’
- ‘Neutrinos come in three varieties, each associated with an electron-like lepton: the electron neutrino, the muon neutrino and the tau neutrino.’
- ‘Opera researchers are concentrating their efforts on the oscillation between the muon and tau neutrino.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.