Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A neutrino of the type associated with the tau particle.
- ‘The leptons consist of the charged electron, muon and tau, together with three electronically neutral particles - the electron neutrino, muon neutrinos and tau neutrinos.’
- ‘Over time, the quantum waves that accompany the different flavors get out of step, and an electron neutrino seems to morph into a muon neutrino or a tau neutrino and back again.’
- ‘Neutrinos come in three varieties, each associated with an electron-like lepton: the electron neutrino, the muon neutrino and the tau neutrino.’
- ‘Neutrinos theoretically exist in three ‘flavors’: electron neutrinos, muon neutrinos and the more recently discovered tau neutrinos.’
- ‘Opera researchers are concentrating their efforts on the oscillation between the muon and tau neutrino.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.