Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A T-shaped cross.
- ‘For information regarding the reason St. Francis used the tau cross can be found here.’
- ‘The symbolism of the hands of Christ and Francis is obvious; however, the tau cross needs a little more explanation.’
- ‘Sure enough, I found a tau cross with a name - the Winteringham Cross.’
- ‘Pagan cultures have used the tau cross to symbolize the Tree of Life, regeneration, divine power and hidden wisdom.’
- ‘Recently, several tau crosses have been found in England that are beautifully crafted with a crucifix and a hollow place for a relic.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.