One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woollen fabric with a pattern of coloured checks and intersecting lines, resembling a tartan.‘a tattersall shirt’‘watch for a return to tattersall checks’
- ‘We think that will continue, but the new additions will be stripes and tattersalls.’
- ‘The men's style tailored suits were fantastic, an excellent example being his taupe - stone silk tattersall double breasted pantsuit paired with a matching Balmacaan coat.’
- ‘Same thing, wore those tattersall shirts and, you know, corduroy pants.’
- ‘A subtle palette of brown and white accented with deep blue is the common thread that runs throughout the house - in dark wood furniture and tactile fabrics, such as mohair, linen, tattersall, and challis.’
- ‘And what you would have formerly thought of as sporty - tattersalls, gingham checks, and subtle plaids - now come in dressed-up versions.’
Late 19th century: named after Tattersalls, by association with the traditional design of horse blankets.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.