Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ultimate nature of all things, as expressed in phenomena but inexpressible in language.Compare with sunyata
- ‘When the implications of tathata are deeply understood, the ego naturally becomes neutralized.’
- ‘The meaning of tathata will be discussed later in the text.’
- ‘Although tathata involves the mundane, it is also a poetic moment that will never return in exactly the same way.’
- ‘The concepts of shunyata and tathata, if Iron had realized this was what they were; had come to mind.’
- ‘We fall into liking and disliking, which in turn leads to the defilements, because we don't see tathata.’
Pali, literally ‘true state of things’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.