One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His historical analogy was compelling, but that didn't save him from being denounced by right-thinking peers for his tastelessness.’
- ‘Let's just say it's a platform on which comedians can showcase not only their style, but also the outer limits of their tastelessness.’
- ‘Perhaps the blanket good taste that runs rife through British culture doesn't allow us enough of a chance to engage with our own inner tastelessness.’
- ‘But the tastelessness would not detract from the truth of the statement.’
- ‘Its jokes are notorious for their tastelessness, its pet targets are mercilessly goaded, and the magazine's reputation for factual accuracy leaves a certain amount to be desired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.