One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar at the edge of the display of a graphical user interface that allows quick access to current or favourite applications.‘run multiple programs and quickly switch among them by clicking the appropriate icon on the taskbar’
- ‘You can create your own toolbar on the taskbar where you can place folders that are accessed often.’
- ‘The beep can be disabled with a simple click on the audio icon on the taskbar, which brings up the Audio Setting menu.’
- ‘Both wireless systems are activated by taskbar icons on the Today screen.’
- ‘To start, you double-click on the Google icon on your taskbar (or elsewhere).’
- ‘At the bottom of the Windows 98 desktop is a taskbar which contains smaller toolbars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.