One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of American plants of the daisy family with sticky leaves and heavy scent.
- ‘A good example would again be the Hemizonias, some of which have been called tarweeds and some tarplants.’
- ‘Although the slender tarweed described above has the same tar-like odor, it is not nearly as strong as that of this plant.’
- ‘Pods are deposited close to the basal growth of forbs such as tarweeds and Russian thistle.’
- ‘These techniques can greatly reduce a population of tarweed, leaving very few plants to flower and set seed.’
- ‘Avena plants were larger and more tarweeds survived into the summer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.