One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cabin was a tarpapered, uninsulated shack with a small wood stove.’
- ‘The shelters are small-pole barns constructed of local spruce (as are the ‘picnic benches’) with tarpapered roofs.’
- ‘Whoever built this put a lot of care into it - the roof was tarpapered and waterproof, and the remains of a moat surrounded the castle.’
- ‘This one has tarpapered walls and a corrugated asbestos roof added, but you can just make out the joists sitting on the top beam and part of the roof structure.’
- ‘Her house was a small tarpapered structure that had neither electricity nor plumbing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.