One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A greyish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, hunted to extinction by 1919.
Equus caballus gomelini, family Equidae
- ‘It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.’
- ‘The last wild tarpans were killed off in 1851.’
- ‘Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.’
- ‘These are special breeds created from domestic cattle and horses that are similar to aurochs and tarpans that once roamed in the wild in park-like forests and meadows.’
- ‘They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.