One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A greyish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, hunted to extinction by 1919.
- ‘These are special breeds created from domestic cattle and horses that are similar to aurochs and tarpans that once roamed in the wild in park-like forests and meadows.’
- ‘The last wild tarpans were killed off in 1851.’
- ‘It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.’
- ‘They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.’
- ‘Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.