One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neurological disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face and jaw.
- ‘Secondly, it may be that the lower incidence of extrapyramidal side effects translates into a lower long term risk of tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘Extrapyramidal effects by themselves have been related to a poor outcome, a compromised compliance, secondary negative symptoms, cognitive parkinsonism, and depression as well as long term risk of tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘Prescribing should be consistent with the need to minimize the risk of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, seizures and low blood pressure.’
- ‘Aripiprazole has the potential to cause neuroleptic malignancy syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, disruption in body temperature regulation, esophageal dysmotility and aspiration as do other antipsychotic agents.’
- ‘In general, no differences have been found regarding the incidence of acute extrapyramidal side effects or tardive dyskinesia.’
1960s: tardive from French tardif, tardive (see tardy).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.