One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short folk song of northern Indian origin.
- ‘I sang one of my favourites: a rare tappa in raga Jangla set to ada-chautal and I invited her to dance to a tappa.’
- ‘Tappa is believed to be originally sung by the camel riders in the desert region.’
- ‘‘Thumris’, ‘chaitis’ and ‘tappas’, with a rich folk and classical base, under the music direction of the creative genius, Vanraj Bhatia, took filmgoers to another era.’
- ‘In Punjab, this folk song was known as 'dhapa', which was transformed into the Hindi Tappa.’
- ‘Though her tappa could not rise above the average, she made it up with moving rendering of thumri, kajri and bhajan.’
Hindi, from Punjabi.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.