One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short round metal rod having a small degree of taper which enables it to act as a stop or wedge when driven into a hole.
- ‘The torque tube balance arm, attached to the outboard end of the tube by two taper pins, contained a bearing that slipped over a pin to the empennage boom.’
- ‘The next morning, as we checked the installation again, all the nuts and the threaded portion of the taper pins were on the floor - the plating shop had neglected to bake the bolts to prevent the nitrogen embrittlement caused by the cadmium plating.’
- ‘Using the 1/4" taper pin, line up the holes at the front of the trigger guard with those of the extractor and action body.’
- ‘Newly ground taper pins were fitted then removed for cadmium plating.’
- ‘The components will be taken out one final time so that various holes holding taper pins and bolts can be opened properly on the Texas Airplane Factory's Bridgeports then painted and permanently installed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.