One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for writing data very quickly on to magnetic tape, used typically for making backups of large amounts of data.
- ‘Most tape streamers can hold at least 5 gigabytes with some going up to 30 gigabytes and beyond.’
- ‘We will also improve the transfer bit-rate and reliability of the tape streamer for practical use.’
- ‘As a result, we have successfully demonstrated an advanced tape streamer with a transfer rate of 24 Mbps and a capacity per cassette of 25 GB’
- ‘A basic tape streamer costs between £100 and £200, and usually includes specialist backup software, to make the task easier.’
- ‘The PC can see the device but cannot operate it (thus, I have been unable to use the tape streamer).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.