Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for writing data very quickly on to magnetic tape, used typically for making backups of large amounts of data.→ streamer
- ‘We will also improve the transfer bit-rate and reliability of the tape streamer for practical use.’
- ‘As a result, we have successfully demonstrated an advanced tape streamer with a transfer rate of 24 Mbps and a capacity per cassette of 25 GB’
- ‘The PC can see the device but cannot operate it (thus, I have been unable to use the tape streamer).’
- ‘Most tape streamers can hold at least 5 gigabytes with some going up to 30 gigabytes and beyond.’
- ‘A basic tape streamer costs between £100 and £200, and usually includes specialist backup software, to make the task easier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.