One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See tape recorder
- ‘Secondly, sometimes these students may respond to hearing a tape recording of their own performance of a piece played back for them during the lesson.’
- ‘If you are whingeing about noisy, unhygienic, unsafe hotels and self-catering accommodation, make a video or tape recording and take photographs of the problems.’
- ‘Some churches employ microphones, tape recording, CCTV, or overhead projectors, while others avoid such devices.’
- ‘Clearly, the transcript of the tape recording, and the tape recording itself, were evidence that buttressed and supported the Crown's case under count two.’
- ‘He keeps up a barrage of conversation to drown out an amplified tape recording used by the rival selling knock-offs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.