One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A facility which allows the repeat of a sound to be delayed by adjusting the time lapse between the recording and playback heads of a tape recorder.
- ‘Also, with the use of analog devices including backwards symbols, vintage keyboards, tape echo and voice distortion, the record secretes vintage appeal.’
- ‘Well, it doesn't have all the complex features a digital delay might have, like endless repeat, reverse echo, tap tempo, or even set tempo, but how many tape echoes having you seen with all that nonsense?’
- ‘Only a tape echo gives the warm, natural sounds that make your music sound richer and more exciting.’
- ‘But really you need to hear the whole LP - it's stacked full of inventive samples, old-style tape echo, Minimoogs galore and generally more ideas than you thought it was possible to fit onto one record.’
- ‘One tip though- don't try to create a tape echo with old walkmans and a Fischer Price tape recorder - you'll make yourself very upset when you break it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.