One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of equipment for playing audio tapes, especially as part of a stereo system.
- ‘I slipped the tape into the tape deck, shut it and pressed play.’
- ‘He then stopped the tape, pulled it out of the tape deck, and handed it to me.’
- ‘I know I would ideally like power steering (am only just beginning to understand parallel parking, better not push my luck), central locking and at the least a tape deck / fm radio.’
- ‘I requested a tape deck as I have lots of talking-book audiotapes that I play on long journeys.’
- ‘We had a state-of-the-art tape deck with stereo speakers built into the living and dining rooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.