Water from a piped supply.
- ‘If your hair looks dull or is hard to style, the problem could be your tap water.’
- ‘The new Bill also makes provision for opt-out clauses for people who are set against their tap water being fluoridated.’
- ‘Thames Water is celebrating its tap water being above average for the third year running.’
- ‘Do not use tap water supplied in buildings for drinking anywhere on the pilgrimage route.’
- ‘If your tap water is as hard as my well water, use distilled water or rain water.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.