One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A penalty taken by kicking the ball lightly to a teammate.
- ‘They did this from a quick tap penalty, a tactic they used effectively in the second period, making half the length of the field before crossfield passing was stopped by a crunching tackle into touch by Jon Fozzard two metres out.’
- ‘There was no doubt about his second attempt which was plum centre - but again the referee ruled ‘no goal’, a mistake he compounded by giving a 20m drop out instead of a tap penalty.’
- ‘The young side suffered from unpenalised off-sides as the home referee failed to get to grips with the game but No 8 Dave Roberts was on hand from a quick tap penalty to score yet another try, Smith converting.’
- ‘Fiji hit back in the 60th minute when they moved the ball quickly following a tap penalty and Norman Ligairi raced 40 metres to go over in the corner.’
- ‘He touched down for his first after the ball had travelled down the line following a tap penalty by Bolla Conradie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.