plural nounNorth American
A pair of brief lingerie shorts, usually worn with a camisole top.
- ‘These tap pants from the 1930s are truly a feminine creation.’
- ‘Today the only place you can buy tap pants is at Victoria's Secret.’
- ‘Indulge in this pretty lace accented silk camisole and matching tap pants.’
- ‘The designer bucked the trend on Monday with plenty of glimpses of bras, slips and tap pants but the show was more of an artistic statement than a presentation of wearable fashions.’
- ‘The luscious silk and delicate lace trim are what make these tap pants so glamorous.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.