Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
plural nounNorth American
A pair of brief lingerie shorts, usually worn with a camisole top.
- ‘The designer bucked the trend on Monday with plenty of glimpses of bras, slips and tap pants but the show was more of an artistic statement than a presentation of wearable fashions.’
- ‘Indulge in this pretty lace accented silk camisole and matching tap pants.’
- ‘These tap pants from the 1930s are truly a feminine creation.’
- ‘The luscious silk and delicate lace trim are what make these tap pants so glamorous.’
- ‘Today the only place you can buy tap pants is at Victoria's Secret.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.