One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A town in northern New Mexico, in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains; population 5,551 (est. 2008).
1A North American people native to New Mexico.
- ‘Most archeologists believe that the Taos Indians along with other Pueblo Indians settled along the Rio Grande migrated from the Four Corners region.’
- ‘The Taos Indians, being great hunters, are also famous for their work with animal skins moccasins, boots and drums.’
- ‘A deep forested mountain valley cradles a small lake that is the headwaters of Rio Pueblo, which tumbles through the village of the Taos people.’
- 1.1 A member of the Taos.
- 1.2 The language of the Taos.
- ‘In data collected in 1935 and 1937, he notes that Taos was spoken by all members of the Taos Pueblo community.’
- ‘Taos belongs to a northern sub-grouping on the Tiwa branch of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.