One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adherent of the Chinese philosophy of Taoism.‘the Taoist on the reef strives to see things from even the corals' point of view’
- ‘His formulation invites the view (usually attributed to Taoists) that reality is a single, indivisible totality.’
- ‘When I focused my breath in my center, the place Taoists call the 'Sea of Chi,' I became grounded and strong.’
- ‘Taoists shun aggression, competition, and ambition.’
- ‘Taoists skillfully built temples that conformed to the contours of the land.’
- ‘For the Taoist, doing nothing presents positive advantages.’
Relating to the Chinese philosophy of Taoism.‘Taoist teachings’‘a Taoist temple’
- ‘In China as far back as 4000 BC, the Taoist religion revered beauty, and garden structures were natural and essential components.’
- ‘Tai-Chi is a concept evolved from the Taoist beliefs in ancient China.’
- ‘On the set burial date, Taoist priests come to chant for the dead.’
- ‘Even though most Hong Kong people are not Taoist, Taoism still offers one of the most popular funeral ceremony styles in the city.’
- ‘The birthday of Guanyin, the goddess of mercy, falls between late March and late April and is observed by visiting Taoist temples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.