One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese philosophy based on the writings of Lao-tzu, advocating humility and religious piety.
- ‘Buddhism coexisted with archaic Hinduism in India and Sri Lanka, Taoism and Confucianism in China, the Bon religion in Tibet, and Shinto in Japan.’
- ‘In the Mahayana school, Buddhism incorporated Chinese Taoism and eventually evolved into Ch'an, or better yet known as Zen in Japan.’
- ‘The roots of Japanese mythology are in the Shinto religion, in Taoism and in Zen Buddhism alike.’
- ‘Zen is a synthesis of Indian Buddhism and Chinese Taoism.’
- ‘Historically, Buddhism reached different regions at different times, and its evolution has been eclectic, often mingling with Taoism and Confucianism.’
- ‘The revival of Confucius mirrors the return of other traditional belief systems and religions such as Taoism and Buddhism.’
- ‘In the spiritual traditions of China, Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, practices and disciplines for refinement of the spirit are common.’
- ‘The Vietnamese people adhere to a syncretic religious tradition that is a mixture of Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.’
- ‘Most Chinese residents practice Chinese folk religion which is an amalgam of Taoism, Buddhism, and ancestor worship.’
- ‘The guqin music was also influenced by Chinese philosophies including Confucianism and Taoism.’
- ‘Later I read about other religions and found that Taoism most closely reflected my own beliefs, but I wasn't drawn to it.’
- ‘Confucianism, Taoism, and shamanism have also influenced Japanese religion.’
- ‘He was an ordained Episcopal priest who wrote a great deal about Taoism (and Eastern philosophy in general).’
- ‘As I came from a Yang Ban family, I had an interest in Taoism, Chundoism and Christianity.’
- ‘The Chinese philosophy of Taoism looked inward, seeking harmony with nature.’
- ‘Chinese Indonesians brought Buddhism to Indonesia, along with Taoism and Confucianism.’
- ‘The goal of Taoism is to live in harmony with nature by learning to balance the complementary forces of Yin and Yang which are believed to pervade the universe.’
- ‘In terms of the philosophy of Taoism, those who seek to enslave others in such a manner have most definitely departed from the ‘way’.’
- ‘The Taoism that most people would be familiar with would centre on a text known as The Book of the Way and its Power or some form of that.’
- ‘Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.