One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese philosophy based on the writings of Lao-tzu, advocating humility and religious piety.
- ‘Chinese Indonesians brought Buddhism to Indonesia, along with Taoism and Confucianism.’
- ‘Confucianism, Taoism, and shamanism have also influenced Japanese religion.’
- ‘The Vietnamese people adhere to a syncretic religious tradition that is a mixture of Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.’
- ‘Later I read about other religions and found that Taoism most closely reflected my own beliefs, but I wasn't drawn to it.’
- ‘He was an ordained Episcopal priest who wrote a great deal about Taoism (and Eastern philosophy in general).’
- ‘The guqin music was also influenced by Chinese philosophies including Confucianism and Taoism.’
- ‘The revival of Confucius mirrors the return of other traditional belief systems and religions such as Taoism and Buddhism.’
- ‘In the spiritual traditions of China, Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, practices and disciplines for refinement of the spirit are common.’
- ‘The Chinese philosophy of Taoism looked inward, seeking harmony with nature.’
- ‘In the Mahayana school, Buddhism incorporated Chinese Taoism and eventually evolved into Ch'an, or better yet known as Zen in Japan.’
- ‘Historically, Buddhism reached different regions at different times, and its evolution has been eclectic, often mingling with Taoism and Confucianism.’
- ‘Zen is a synthesis of Indian Buddhism and Chinese Taoism.’
- ‘Most Chinese residents practice Chinese folk religion which is an amalgam of Taoism, Buddhism, and ancestor worship.’
- ‘As I came from a Yang Ban family, I had an interest in Taoism, Chundoism and Christianity.’
- ‘Buddhism coexisted with archaic Hinduism in India and Sri Lanka, Taoism and Confucianism in China, the Bon religion in Tibet, and Shinto in Japan.’
- ‘The goal of Taoism is to live in harmony with nature by learning to balance the complementary forces of Yin and Yang which are believed to pervade the universe.’
- ‘Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.’
- ‘In terms of the philosophy of Taoism, those who seek to enslave others in such a manner have most definitely departed from the ‘way’.’
- ‘The roots of Japanese mythology are in the Shinto religion, in Taoism and in Zen Buddhism alike.’
- ‘The Taoism that most people would be familiar with would centre on a text known as The Book of the Way and its Power or some form of that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.