One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See tannic acid
- ‘Phenylephrine tannate was synthesized by the water route as follows.’
- ‘For those who prefer a more technical explanation: The ink would be composed mostly of iron tannate or gallate.’
- ‘In the presence of iron and water, the naturally-occurring tannins in redwood react to form a dark, blue-black iron tannate precipitate.’
- ‘As tannins have high solubility in aqueous media and consequently would leach rapidly, they were precipitated as aluminium tannate, which has an adequate solubility for use as a component in marine paints.’
- ‘A ferric tannate staining was used to highlight cell walls exposed on the cut surfaces and stained cells were measured immediately to minimize possible dimensional change due to osmotic water uptake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.