One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is skilled at breaking into safes.‘it was outlandish clobber for a tank man, a caper that relied on keeping a low profile’
- ‘The tank men and the gunnies ruled the roost. But those professions required a man to possess a streak of violence.’
- ‘'Don't you know I'm Rusty Steele, the tank man?'’
- ‘He was known as a tank man. He told me he'd made a huge can-opener that could cut open the rear of certain types of safe.’
- ‘The district crime manager can remember when there was once such a trade as a tank man.’
- ‘There was allegedly a corresponding traffic in criminals, particularly "tank-men".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.