One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of oil or gas storage tanks.
- ‘He said the site, located near the tank farm along a runway built by the American Air Force, will cost about $350,000 to build, compared to the $500,000 price tag on the other site.’
- ‘The fuel would be scrubbed at the tank farm to reduce the concentration of oxygen in the fuel.’
- ‘His visit follows state-owned Indian Oil Corporation Limited having secured a deal with Ceylon Petroleum Corporation to lease an oil storage tank farm in Sri Lanka's North Eastern port town of Trincomalee.’
- ‘Between 10 am and 3pm, eight buses, each with a guide and commentary, made continuous trips around the refinery and tank farm.’
- ‘The predicted cost of $14 million does not include the cost of land acquisition or having to relocate the tank farm to the eastern end of the runway.’
- ‘"The seismic effects of the collapses are comparable to the explosions at a gasoline tank farm near Newark on Jan.7, 1983, " the Palisades Seismology Group reported on Sept.14, 2001.’
- ‘The spill originated from the fuel tank farm at the mine site, which closed in 2002 after 22 years of operation.’
- ‘But I play along, as we follow a bike path past a tank farm, then along the marshy shore of the bay.’
- ‘The company ponied up a hefty $55 per square foot for a property that had been an oil tank farm - which included $800,000 in environmental remediation costs.’
- ‘The charges were laid in relation to spills alleged to have originated in June 2002 from the company's tank farm on the Island two months before the mine closed.’
- ‘"It is much more expensive to build tank farms underground but it is far more secure," he says.’
- ‘I'm from a town that has lots of refineries and tank farms.’
- ‘The women say they had waited in vain for three weeks for a response to a list of demands before losing patience and hijacking and occupying the docks, airfield, gas plant and tank farm.’
- ‘The British National Oil Corporation brought the pipeline from the nearby field into a tanker terminal and tank farm at Nigg.’
- ‘The majority of these tasks have been completed, including dust control and the remediation of contaminated soils surrounding the marine tank farm.’
- ‘Another attack against a California oil refinery and tank farm was motivated more by personal rather than military strategy; in any case, that attack was also ineffectual.’
- ‘The condensate/light oil was extracted from the gas and sent to a newly built tank farm at Paritutu near Port Taranaki.’
- ‘The corporation's objective is to build infrastructure in the oil industry from tank farms to pipelines.’
- ‘The planned development in the area surrounding the camp follows from the Northern Territory government's securing of a new location for the neighboring tank farm.’
- ‘For the rest of the morning, we caravaned by car to more lookouts along the river, including an old pier by an oil tank farm, the banks of a condominium development, and a nature sanctuary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.