One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sanitary tampon.
- ‘Both Tampax and o.b. claim to be dioxin-free - bleached with chlorine that is essentially of the home-cleaning variety.’
- ‘On opening it, I found it contained a sample box of Tampax tampons, together with a fact-filled leaflet designed to guide pubescent girls through their first period.’
- ‘Replace the empty Tampax box immediately, to avoid nasty surprises next month.’
- ‘I spotted this in a Tampax advert while watching game shows to learn Spanish.’
- ‘I'd buy every product they advertised - even if they were sponsored by Tampax!’
1930s: an arbitrary formation from tampon.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.